Buying refurbished electrical components such as circuit breakers, transformers, bus ducts and plugs is just one way that industrial manufacturers can save a great deal of money. The one aspect that needs to be seriously considered is where companies purchase refurbished electrical components. Buying from reputable refurbished manufacturers is a must when it comes to electrical components that will be used in any settings, especially the manufacturing industry. Some companies, often less reputable offer deep discounts. It is crucial to ensure that the savings don’t equate to an increased safety risk.
When purchasing refurbished electrical components, especially from online companies like ebay take note to thoroughly check over equipment for damage, rust, missing pieces, or improper labeling. When buying online it is important to know exactly what you are looking for before you make a purchase. This can help to ensure that you are sure to get exactly what you need. Once you have developed a relationship with an online supplier through ebay or another online source you will have more confidence in purchasing through them in the future.
What to Avoid When Purchasing Refurbished Electrical Components
- Be sure you know what you are looking to purchase. Purchasing electrical components is different than a lot of other purchases in that you should do some research to really know what you need and are looking for before you even begin researching places to purchase it. Understand the different brands available and the part number that you are looking for.
- Advertising and ads are meant to draw people in. Don’t get taken by an ad that doesn’t offer specifics on products that you are interested in purchasing. You should know in detail what you are purchasing and the exact condition it is in. Understanding the difference between new, used, and refurbished electrical components helps to make sure you are getting exactly what you expect.
- If the information you need is not clearly listed on the products label it is important to ask questions about the product and get all answers in writing. This clear communication between seller and buyer will help prevent confusion and later disputes.
- Never buy from a company that doesn’t have a solid track record. Before purchasing any electrical parts and components, new or used, do research on the company offering it for sale. Does the company have reviews and testimonials? How long have has the company been in business? What is their return policy? Seek out their policies; find out if there is a restocking fee if a return needs to be done, if they offer returns, or if it is exchange only.
Questions to Ask When Buying Refurbished Parts and Components
- Am I purchasing a new, used, or refurbished part?
- If refurbished, what is the process, in detail, that the part goes through before it can be sold?
- What are the company’s product guarantees and warranties?
- Am I buying a piece that is in proper working order or is it being sold as is, for parts only?
- What is the testing process your refurbished parts go through before they are sold?
Purchasing refurbished parts and components makes solid business sense especially in an economy where we are trying to stretch our already tight budgets. It is important to have properly working and maintained equipment when working in any industrial manufacturing setting. One was to ensure this occurs is to purchase your refurbished electrical components and parts from companies with a solid reputation, like J & P Electrical Company.
J & P Electrical Company is a full-service electrical company that supplies contractors, end users, and supply houses with new surplus, quality reconditioned, and obsolete electrical equipment. We purchase a wide range of electrical equipment such as bus plugs, bud ducts, panel switches, substations, and transformers. More information can be found at https://www.jpelectricalcompany.com