In manufacturing each and every department holds significant value to the company as a whole. Some may say two in particular hold more: human resource and machinery. In manufacturing machines are used to meet your supply and demand. In order to ensure maximum productivity these machines must be taken care of and maintained.
Machine maintenance helps to ensure that each unit is kept in working condition. It creates a system where machines are regularly cared for, inspected and documented. The documentation on the machinery is then analyzed and adjustments to the machines maintenance plans can be made to ensure maximum machine efficiency.
If a company finds that after thirty operating hours a certain fuse on the machine regularly they will adjust the maintenance plan to account for this. The plan will be adjusted to change the fuse out after twenty nine operating hours to prevent the downtime that occurs when a fuse unexpectedly fails.
Machine maintenance also includes preventative maintenance which helps to keep the machines running efficiently. This allows manufacturing plants to keep machines functioning properly at all times rather than attending to issues when they arise. Waiting until a unit fails to perform normal upkeep leads to a lack of productivity and increased costs. Emergency repairs as well as employee downtime are two major causes of going over projected company budgets.
Manufacturing Plant Maintenance Schedule Benefits
- Regular maintenance to machines increases efficiency, speed and performance of the productivity of both the machine as well as the machines operator.
- Routine care increases the life expectancy of the equipment.
- Standard upkeep allows machines to perform without the hassle and expense of repairing units that comes with unexpected breakdowns.
- Decrease costs come with regular replacement of wear items. This allows wear items to be replaced before their failure causes damage to other parts within the machine.
- Electrical components updated regularly allow machinery to work at the best possible rate allowing work to get done economically.
- Regular machine maintenance programs are less expensive per day then repairing or replacing manufacturing equipment.
- Regular upkeep helps to increase employee safety as well. A defective machine can lead to major workplace accidents.
- Computer software offers analysis of collected data and makes recommendations on improvements to the maintenance plan. Service can be performed in advance of known component failures.
In order to achieve maximum results from your manufacturing maintenance plan it is crucial to appoint an industrial maintenance professional. Their expertise in the area of maintenance is invaluable to your organization. Investing in personnel to maintain machines is smart business as it keeps machines running properly thus leading to cost savings. An in house machine expert works to prevent downtime as well as emergency repair expenses.
J&P Electrical is a full service electrical equipment company. At J&P, we supply contractors, end users and supply houses with new surplus, quality reconditioned and obsolete electrical equipment. Contact us today at https://jpelectricalcompany.com for all of your bus plug, circuit breaker, switchboard, fuses, disconnects and more.